Friday, June 4, 2010

Inspiration: Art Nouveau


I love the style of art called Art Nouveau ever since my eyes first saw it. One of the most important artists to popularize this style was the great illustrator, Alphonse Mucha, who designed many Paris posters in the late 1800s. The style spread quickly and into other fields of art like furniture, decor, architecture, jewelry and even can be seen in the stained glass style of Louis Comfort Tiffany. Common traits of Art Nouveau is symmetry,  ornate organic elements, mythology content, elaborate framing of the main subject, and a muted color palate. While browsing though the internet for inspiration, I found a collection of new artists with a new take on this classic style. Have a look HERE. I really like the Iron Man Art Nouveau piece HERE as well.

1 comment:

  1. These are awesome. Chun Li! Iron Man! Gambit! Check out Echo Chernik, I discovered her at Megacon...
    http://www.echo-x.com/

    -Joey

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!